Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Internal Hard Drive Could I Connect An External Hard Drive To My Internal Hard Drive Plug?

Could I connect an external hard drive to my internal hard drive plug? - internal hard drive

I have three connections on the hard drive of my Dell computer. Two used. I have no place in a third hard drive.

Is it ok for me to connect an external hard drive internal hard drive and act as if it were an internal hard drive?

Does it still make sense? If I can do, what kind of connection do I need?

3 comments:

cj said...

If you check the box and connect to the motherboard, and then click Yes. While the ports are a party that is SATA and when there is a place on the motherboard for it.

cj said...

If you check the box and connect to the motherboard, and then click Yes. While the ports are a party that is SATA and when there is a place on the motherboard for it.

CarDin said...

You mean, have a hard outer casing to get it plugged directly into the PC. It can be done with the right cables. Make sure the motherboard has an extra point for the cable as an IDE or SATA connection, depending on the brand / model of your PC. You must also buy an extension cable for IDE / SATA, if not a 2nd Connection slaves in the main frame of the origin in the first disk type. So you have a RAID drives. 3 HDD RAID 1 can, perhaps, but I want to go to RAID 5 for 2 are used as input, and 1 is a mirror for the 2nd

Post a Comment